1. Why do I have to carry out CPD?
It is a requirement of registration – you have to show that you maintain competence and fitness to practise.
2. What do I have to do for the CPD Audit?
You need to complete the CPD Audit Profile.
3. What do I have to put into my CPD Audit Profile?
You have to provide 3 pieces of evidence:
- A short summary (maximum of 500 words) about your recent work / practice. You can use your Job Description as a starting point. The aim is to show the range of activity you undertake.
- A personal development plan which should be part of your annual appraisal.
- Your CPD record which is a learning log showing your CPD activity for the previous year.
4. How many entries should I provide in my CPD record?
You should provide a minimum of 10 entries with at least 75% of CPD from the list of topics identified in the RCCP Guidance for CPD.
5. What time period should my CPD Audit Profile cover?
It should present evidence covering the period from March 2015 to April 2017.
6. How do I submit my CPD Audit Profile?
You will receive an email notifying you that your CPD Audit Profile upload site is now available on the My Application section of the website. You can upload your Audit Profile and any supporting documentation.
7. What will happen if I don’t submit my Audit Profile?
You will be suspended from the Register and will have to apply to have your Registration re-activated on submission of an application form.
8. Where can I find more information about the CPD Audit?
You can find more information on the RCCP website in the Professional Development section. This includes the RCCP Policy for CPD, RCCP Guidance for CPD as well as other information.